• Boffins is committed to protecting your privacy.
• We have a duty to protect any information given by you at the time of ordering or when making an enquiry, by whichever means lawfully, under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and updated by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into effect in May 2018.
• The following is a guide to how and why Boffins collect information from you, who the information is disclosed to and what your rights are.
• You can access Boffins website and browse without disclosing your personal data.
• When you register as an online customer you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
• All transactions that you initiate online with Boffins are confidential.
• Sales can be concluded in English only.
• Information will not be disclosed to any other party unless you give explicit instructions or there is a legal obligation to do so.
• We have relationships with carefully selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit. Our primary suppliers are as follows:
• If you wish to change your permissions, on your internet browser go to preferences and the privacy section to change you permissions.
What type of information do we collect?
• We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide in any other way.
• We collect the IP address to connect your computer to the internet; login; email address; password; billing details; computer/connection information and purchase history.
• We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, lengths of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
• We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details, comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendation and personal profile.
• Boffins does not record credit or debit card information on its website.
• Customers visiting the Boffins shop in Bexleyheath will not be asked for any personal information except when a specific order has been made if an item is out of stock or for a bespoke item.
Why do we collect this information?
• We collect such personal and non/personal information for the following purposes:
To process your online order.
To administer this website and operate the most efficient possible service for you.
To provide our users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support.
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred non-personal information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services.
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do we use this information?
• How do we store, use, share and disclose our site visitor's personal information?
We will only use your email address or telephone number to contact you to fulfil your order.
We do not use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Boffins uses a carefully selected number of service providers for specialist functions, which may change occasionally. These include Hermes and Royal Mail for delivery services and Wix.com for website design and hosting.
Boffins online shop is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data will be stored through Wix.com's data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa and MasterCard. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
• We may contact you to notify you regarding your account/purchase, to troubleshoot problems with your account or to resolve a dispute.
• For these purposes we may contact via email, telephone or text message.
• Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
• If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so you are aware of what information we collect , how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
• You have a right to request a copy of any personal data held by Boffins at any time in order to check its accuracy. If you wish to do this, please write, in English, explaining your interest is in the personal data maintained by Boffins to:
37 Pickford Lane
• If you do not want us to process your data any more, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
Questions and contact details
• If you have any further questions, please contact us at:
37 Pickford Lane
Tel: 020 8298 9085
We are open from 9am to 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday. Please check online for seasonal holiday opening times.