USEFUL INFORMATION AND SIZING
• The back to school period is always very busy, but with the Coronavirus situation we expect that shopping at the Boffins shop in Pickford Lane may take even longer as we endeavour to keep to social distancing guidelines and limit numbers of people in the shop.
• Under current government guidelines, the trying on of items of clothing is not permitted in the shop, so it is worth familiarising yourself with our handy size guides below.
• A maximum of 3 adults and 3 children will be allowed in the shop at any one time.
• Customers will be required to wear face coverings at all times when you are in our shop, subject to government guidelines. For further information click here.
• Please clean your hands using the facilities we provide.
• 2 metre social distancing and a 'one way' system is in place.
• Please use contactless payments whenever possible.
• We will keep you up to date on our website with further developments.
Back to school (July 1st - 20th September)
• We are looking to make your shopping experience as easy as possible and are looking at ways to help. Our online shop is now open with our 'Boffins essentials'. These are the bespoke uniform items for our schools.
• With online sales during 'back to school', due to high volumes, there may be a delay in processing your order, but will keep you updated by email or text message.
• In store, early fitting is advisable for new intake and badged blazers (check back with our updates on feasibility due to Covid-19).
• Uniforms may be reserved in store with a small deposit and iron-on name tapes are also available to order.
• Any questions or queries, please contact us by email at:
• Sizing/measurements for specific school uniform items for your school is included on the online shop.
• See the video links below as general guides on how to measure your child.
• Compare your child's size/s to the measurements given on their chosen garment (this is because there are often size variations between our different suppliers).
Polo shirts and sweatshirts
• To find the right size polo shirt or sweatshirt for your child, you will need find their chest size.
• To take your child’s chest measurement, measure around the fullest part of their chest.
• For younger children, place the tape measure a few inches below their armpit and measure their chest there.
• For older children, particularly girls, the fullest part of their chest might be a little lower. Your child will be able to tell you what feels comfortable to them.
• Be sure not to pull the tape measure too tight as this can lead to buying shirts or blouses which are too small and